How Inspections Are Priced
How much will your home inspection cost?
As a company, Pro Spex seeks to define itself as a company focused on delivering quality to every inspection we perform, regardless of the sales price, condition or location. For this reason all of our inspections are priced based on physical size, travel distance and age. Unlike some companies that will charge a percentage of the sales price thus forcing some to pay more simply because of where they choose to live, we believe the price you pay should be a function of the time it takes for us to perform a thorough inspection.
According to HUD (Department of housing and Urban Development)
“Costs vary dramatically, depending on the region, size and age of the house, scope of services and other factors. A typical range might be $300-$500, but consider the value of the home inspection in terms of the investment being made. Cost does not necessarily reflect quality. HUD Does not regulate home inspection fees.”
The average cost of a full service inspection on a 2000sf home (including the basement) is $385.00. Less than the average cost of an appraisal, which you pay for, that benefits the bank. Is your investment worth a thorough inspection?
What do you get for this fee?
- An Inspection performed by Licensed and Certified Home Inspectors with experience (over 20 years combined) in residential home design and construction.
- A detailed analysis of the home, identifying more than just problem areas.
- An education in the operation and maintenance of the various systems of the home.
- As much time as you need to answer all of your inspection related questions, from an unbiased inspector.
- A company with an A+ rating on Angie’s List and the Better Business Bureau.
- A digital copy of the report, delivered through a secure website, that you can print, forward or download, within 24 hours of the inspection GUARANTEED.
- A company that is insured for over $1M.
- A company that stands behind its work.
- Life time Recall Alerts
- Free membership in the Home Owners Network HON.
- “Customer For Life” benefits; contact us any time if you have a question about your home or need a second opinion.