Full Service Inspections:
Successful completion of your inspection, depends on our ability to access all components of the home. WE DO NOT MOVE HEAVY FURNITURE OR TURN ON UTILITIES.
- Ask the seller, are all utilities on?
- Is there an access panel or stair to the attic?
- Is the access to the main shut off devices (water, electric, gas) clear?
- Are all doors unlocked
- Are there pets in the house?
- Who is responsible if the home is not fully accessible?
- Is the security system turned off?
- Are the smoke alarms monitored by the fire department?
New Construction Foundation Inspections:
Since this is a new home, keep in close contact with the builders rep. This inspection should be performed when:
- The foundation walls are all in place but backfill HAS NOT occurred
- All underground plumbing is in place, supply and waste lines.
- All foundation water proofing and drains installed
- Does the builder require anything from the home Inspector (license, insurance etc.)?
New Construction Framing Inspections:
Since this is a new home, keep in close contact with the builders rep. We need to see all the connections. This inspection should be performed when:
- All framing is complete; windows, doors and exterior complete
- Before insulation is installed
- Shortly before or after all county inspections
- Does the builder require anything from the Home Inspector (license, insurance etc.)?
Pro Spex follows the standards set by the EPA when conducting Radon Tests:
- Inform the seller that “Closed Home Conditions” (all doors and windows closed except for normal entry and exit) must be maintained for at least 12 hours prior to the start of testing and continue for at least 48 hrs.
- The lowest finished Livable space will be tested